"Where to watch" links not available for edit under Page Edit feature
I have searched under the Edit Page options to find a way to remove incorrect "where to watch" links that appear under the films. This is definitely something that should be considered and implemented. I currently have five issues that I will list here, hopefully killing a few birds with one stone:
1. tt2641256 Kill or Be Killed is NOT available on Pluto.tv, Tubi or Amazon Prime Video. It is not available anywhere and all links go to the wrong films with the same name.
2. tt3557328 Don't Let Them In is NOT available on Amazon Prime Video, Plex.TV or Tubi. All links go to the wrong film of the same title.
3. tt4649930 Rock Paper Scissors is NOT available in IndiPix Unlimited, Prime Video, Plex or Tubi. All links go to a film of the same name, but NOT the correct film. This film is still in development!
4. tt5623416 Journey Into Hell is NOT available on Amazon Prime. Again, this is linked to the wrong video about the Rohinya people. This is a horror short film and is still in development. Additionally, the wrong summary shows up when it is viewed in my watch list.
5. tt1465834 An American Werewolf in London is NOT available on Amazon Prime Video. It is In Development. The Amazon link goes to the original film from the 80's. This is a reboot being made by John Landis' son, Max.
Honestly, I don't know who puts these links in here. Is it IMDB or Amazon? There should be a way to report this from the page itself, but as it stands, that's impossible, so I must report them here.
Please help fix this!
1 year ago
Hopefully an IMDb staffer will come along and address these and the issue itself.
Another avenue for submitting these corrections is within the Contact form:
1 year ago
Hi albert_muick -
As bderoes mentioned above, these issues are best reported via our Contact Form.
In the meantime, I have now reported these 'Watch" errors to the appropriate team, they will investigate and make the applicable changes shortly.
1 year ago
After bedroes gave me that information, I reported one entry using the recommended form/url. I provided all the information that was asked of me. I think from this response, you might gather that:
1. The input form needs to add additional information (I have no idea what additional info customer service might need); or,
2. The data went to the wrong department, or somehow was mis-read by the employee; or,
3. The employee needs to be re-trained; or perhaps,
4. Mandatory drug testing needs to be implemented for all employees.
Honestly, it's like they never even read or looked at the data that was sent to them! Here you go:
Thank you for contacting us. In order to create a link between a title page and Amazon we'll need the following:
- The exact title of the film and its URL on our site. For example: Logan (2017) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3315342/
- The ASIN (product number) of the product on sale on the Amazon site. The ASIN (or ISBN for books) is a unique number used to identify each item in the Amazon.com store. ASINs are displayed on the product information page for each item in the Product Details section and/or in the page URL. For example:
Please note not all products on sale on Amazon can be linked to films/titles listed on IMDb. We can currently only link to video content (on DVD, Blu-Ray or streaming video), not books, music or other items, and we can only link to content available directly from Amazon.com, not sold by other subsidiaries or third-party sellers.
In some cases, due to technical limitations, certain products may not be available for linking even they are sold on Amazon.com.
IMDb Customer Service