"Obruchka z rubinom" (2018) - there were 3 duplicate entries for this Ukrainian TV Series, but data-reviewer merged them into a wrong one
First, a short rant on how frustrated I am with IMDb's data-reviewers incompetency when it comes to all Ukraine-related titles: As always, IMDb data-reviewers messed things up, even though I made it PAINFULLY obvious to them what they needed to do, and they still messed up big time. Can you finally hire at least ONE data editor who knows at least some basic Ukrainian language?! It is so pathetic how I have to correct hundreeds and hundreeds of IMDb titles, because you hired some Russian-speaking data reviewers who clearly have some Ukrainophobic undertones, since they routinely rename Ukrainian actors/directors/etc. names from their Ukrainian language-based versions to their Russian language-based versions, they also routinely rename Ukrainian films' titles from their Ukrainian language-based versions to their Russian language-based versions and the list goes on.
Secondly, a short description of the issue with the title that I am talking about:
There is this Ukrainian TV series "Obruchka z rubinom" (2018) - there were 3 seperate duplicate entries for this Ukrainian TV Series (one in Ukrainian, one in English and one in Russian). The correct one is obviously in Ukrainian (i.e. "Obruchka z rubinom" (2018)), but the data-reviewer incorrectly merged the 3 entities into the Russian one (even though the correct one, per credits and all, is obviously the Ukrainian one and I made it SO BLOODY clear to them that the Ukrainian version is the right version).
Below are details from my two request to merge the duplicate Russian and duplicate English entries into the correct Ukrainian one:
TV series "Obruchka z rubinom" has 3 seperate entries on IMDb, 2 of which are obviosly duplicates. Per IMDb rules, for the "original title" field IMDb uses " the original title of a movie/show in its original language as it appears on screen (on the title card) in the opening credits" (https://help.imdb.com/article/contribution/titles/title-formatting/G56U5ERK7YY47CQB). Original title in original language for this TV Series is Ukrainian phrase "Обручка з рубіном" which is transcribed into English as "Obruchka z rubinom" (see the snippet of the title card https://imgur.com/a/BxTl8oK taken from the 2nd episode taken @1:24 from the vod release on kanalukraina.tv https://kanalukraina.tv/episode/t-c-kolco-s-rubinom-2-seriya )
- In summary, out of 3 entries on IMDb, we need to merge two duplicates into the correct title:
* "Obruchka z rubinom" ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10607368/ ; correct original title -> KEEP THIS)
* "Ruby Ring" ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11942026/ ; duplicate entry with an incorret original title -> MERGE this into the corrent entry)
- ** #210917-205807-057000 (imdb datareviewer did this incorrectly merging everything into the incorrect Russian title, instead)
- * "Koltso s rubinom" ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10121784/ ; duplicate entry with an incorret original title -> MERGE this into the corrent entry)
- ** #210917-205805-076000 (imdb datareviewer did this incorrectly merging everything into the incorrect Russian title, instead)
TL:DR: Firstly, fix this title to the correct Ukrainian-language based title (i.e.,"Obruchka z rubinom"). Secodnly, your data-reviewers should stop this Ukrainophobic / Anti-Ukraian bullshit: either hire some volonteers with Ukrainian-language knowledge (I can even do this), or at the very least instruct your Russian-speaking data-reviwers to stop this never-ending Ukrainophobic / Anti-Ukraian bullshit they are constantly doing on Ukraine-related actors and films.